Thursday 3 January 2013

Two Shores...


"Oh it'll be such a lovely rose, I can't wait for it to bloom!"
"Nip it in the bud" he says, "before it takes anymore room!"

"Oh I can't wait for its fragrance to scent the air!"
"Don't touch it," he says, "It's thorns spell hurt and despair!"

"Look beyond the mountains, the sun's about to rise!"
"Don't stare too long," he says, "For it will scorch your pretty eyes!"

"Look beyond the river, such beautiful fields of rice!"
"Don't hasten your stride," he says,"For you can't walk all those miles!"

"So why don't you come, carry me for a while?"
"No I can't stay around for more than a few strides!"

"But you've been walking along for a long time!"
"But you're on your side and I am still on mine!"

"But the sun is about to set and take away its light!"
"But the moon will rise to help keep you in my sight!"

"But I am a sunflower born of days glowing bright "
"And I am a creature forged from the coldest nights"

 "But why don't you cross over to sit by my side?"
 "I fear if I do you'll see things you won't like!"

"But I so want to hold you and have you come close!"
"But you'll soon regret what you willingly chose!"

"Is that why you won't let me hold your rose?
For the pain it'll bring me to have to let it go?"

"But why would I pluck it and let it wilt in a vase?
When I can watch it right here under the stars."

 "I will not cage it's beauty only to let it die in parts!
 I will release its glory till it fills up my entire heart!"

2 comments: